2000 AD ART STARS – ENTER NOW!
Brand new competition that could see YOU getting your art published in 2000 AD - and paid for it!
11 months ago
Some of the biggest artists in comic books got their break at the legendary award-winning 2000 AD – and you could be joining them! Our art competition - 2000 AD Art Stars - is your chance to get into the pages of 2000 AD AND get paid for it!
Star Scans have been a staple of 2000 AD since its earliest days: single-image pin-ups of the greatest characters in the galaxy, from Judge Dredd and Strontium Dog to Dan Dare and Rogue Trooper, drawn by some of the best artists in comics from Brian Bolland and Dave Gibbons to Jock and Liam Sharp!
Every three months, we’re giving artistic Earthlets the chance to submit Star Scan pin-ups based on 2000 AD characters – and the winner, chosen by the editorial team at 2000 AD, will be published in a future edition of the Galaxy’s Greatest Comic. PLUS they’ll be paid for their art!
Every quarter we’ll announce a new theme and would-be art droids can submit their entries. Our editor will then choose their favourite image for publication. Plus, two runners-up will be chosen and receive zarjaz 2000 AD graphic novels! This is your chance to follow in the footsteps of some of comics’ greatest artistic talents and, who knows, maybe break into the industry yourself!
The theme for the 2000 AD Art Stars competition for spring 2019 is Strontium Dog!
Created by John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra, and first published in Starlord, Strontium Dog quickly become one of 2000 AD’s biggest series. Following global nuclear war, mutants warped by radioactive fallout are shunned by the ‘norm’ population and forced to either live in crowded ghettos or take the only job available to them – hunting down the scum of the galaxy for cash.
Johnny Alpha is the best of the Search/Destroy Agents and along with his partner, the time-displaced Viking warrior Wulf Sternhammer, hunts down the scum of the galaxy!
The deadline for entries is 9pm GMT on Friday 31st May
Please carefully read the terms and conditions below and submit your entry by emailing email@example.com
For more on Strontium Dog, check out the strip's entry in the 2000 AD ABC:
Follow the competition as we feature selected entries on 2000 AD’s social media at:
- Instagram: instagram.com/2000adartcomp
- Facebook: facebook.com/2000adartcomp
- Twitter: twitter.com/2000AD
- Tumblr: 2000ADonline.tumblr.com
Don't forget - 2000 AD's normal open sequential art submissions process is open until 1 March.
Terms and Conditions:
- Entries must be sent by 9pm GMT on date of stated deadline.
- Entries must be in JPG, TIFF or PNG format - PDF and GIF will not be accepted.
- All entries will be judged by editorial staff at 2000 AD.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- Entries that do not fit the theme will not be considered.
- Entries must not include the use of licensed characters from outside of those owned by Rebellion/2000 AD.
- Entries must not bear any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead – i.e. no celebrity likenesses.
- A maximum of THREE entries per person will be permitted. In the event of more than three being sent, only the first three will be considered by the judges.
- All entries must be 300dpi resolution and with a maximum file size of 10MB.
- The winning entry will be published as a ‘Star Scan’ in a forthcoming edition of 2000 AD, the date to be decided by editorial.
- In order for their entry to be published in 2000 AD and to receive payment, the winner must sign a standard contract with 2000 AD/Rebellion.
- Entries may be selected to feature on 2000 AD's social media accounts with due named credit. Due to the volume of entries, there is no guarantee an image will be shared on social media.
- Non-winning entries will not be used by 2000 AD and will be deleted from Rebellion's servers as soon as a winner is chosen (selected images will remain on social media but can be removed upon request). Artwork remains the property of artists but copyright of characters remains with Rebellion.
- Entries will not be considered from professional artists currently or having previously worked in the comic book industry, as adjudicated by 2000 AD.
- Please respect the droids – spam or aggressive/threatening emails or messages will result in any entry being removed from the competition and the sender banned from future competitions.
- All characters are ™ Rebellion 2000 AD Ltd, © Rebellion 2000 AD Ltd, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. STRONTIUM DOG IS USED AS TRADEMARK OR A REGISTERED TRADEMARK, © Rebellion 2000 AD Ltd, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED