Some of the biggest artists in comic books got their break at the legendary award-winning 2000 AD – and you could be joining them! Our art competition – 2000 AD Art Stars – is your chance to get into the pages of 2000 AD AND get paid for it!
Star Scans have been a staple of 2000 AD since its earliest days: single-image pin-ups of the greatest characters in the galaxy, from Judge Dredd and Strontium Dog to Dan Dare and Rogue Trooper, drawn by some of the best artists in comics from Brian Bolland and Dave Gibbons to Jock and Liam Sharp!
Every few months, we give artistic Earthlets the chance to submit Star Scan pin-ups based on 2000 AD characters – and the winner, chosen by the editorial team at 2000 AD, will be published in a future edition of the Galaxy’s Greatest Comic. PLUS they’ll be paid for their art!
After we announce a new theme, would-be art droids can submit their entries and our editor will then choose their favourite image for publication. Plus, two runners-up will be chosen and receive zarjaz 2000 AD graphic novels! This is your chance to follow in the footsteps of some of comics’ greatest artistic talents and, who knows, maybe break into the industry yourself!
The new theme for the spring 2020 competition is: JUDGE ANDERSON!
Debuting in 1980, Cassandra Anderson is the psychic Judge who has saved Mega-City One countless times, often from the clutches of the undead alien superfiend Judge Death. A member of Justice Department’s Psi Division, Anderson is probably as far removed from Judge Dredd’s ideal of what a Judge should be as can be imagined – ﬂippant, joking, irreverent, and an outspoken critic of many aspects of the Justice Department. However, Anderson is nonetheless determined in her mission to protect the innocent.
ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED. THE WINNING ENTRY WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON!
Please carefully read the terms and conditions below and submit your entry by emailing email@example.com
When emailing your entry, you should receive an automated reply confirming receipt – please check your email provider’s spam folder if it does not arrive within 24 hours.
For more on Judge Anderson, check out the episode of The 2000 AD ABC:
Follow the competition as we feature selected entries on 2000 AD’s social media at:
- Instagram: instagram.com/2000adartcomp
- Facebook: facebook.com/2000adartcomp
- Twitter: twitter.com/2000AD
Don’t forget – 2000 AD’s normal open sequential art submissions process is open until 1 March 2020.
Terms and Conditions:
- Entries must be sent by 9pm GMT on date of stated deadline.
- Entries must be in JPG, TIFF or PNG format – PDF and GIF will not be accepted.
- All entries will be judged by editorial staff at 2000 AD.
- The judges’ decision is final and we will not enter into discussion regarding entries.
- Entries that do not fit the theme will not be considered.
- Entries must not include the use of licensed characters from outside of those owned by Rebellion/2000 AD.
- Entries must not include nudity or sexualised imagery.
- Entries must not bear any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead – i.e. no celebrity likenesses.
- A maximum of TWO entries per person will be permitted. In the event of more than two being sent, only the first two will be considered by the judges.
- All entries must be at 300dpi resolution and with a maximum file size of 10MB.
- The winning entry will be published as a ‘Star Scan’ in a forthcoming edition of 2000 AD, the date to be decided by editorial.
- In order for their entry to be published in 2000 AD and to receive payment, the winner must sign a standard contract with 2000 AD/Rebellion.
- Entries may be selected to feature on 2000 AD’s social media accounts with due named credit.
- WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT YOUR ENTRY WILL BE FEATURED ON OUR SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE. 2000 AD Art Stars receives hundreds of entries and we can only share a fraction of them. Those featured are chosen at random. All entries will be shared in a post on Facebook after the closing date.
- We ask you to understand the following:
- We cannot share every single entry
- Being featured/not featured on our social media does not affect your chances of winning
- Our social media accounts are not monitored 24/7
- We will not enter into correspondence regarding entries, if there is a problem with your entry then we will contact you
- Please do not take what we do and do not share personally.
- We ask you to understand the following:
- Non-winning entries will not be used by 2000 AD and will be deleted from Rebellion’s servers as soon as a winner is chosen (selected images will remain on social media but can be removed upon request). Artwork remains the property of artists but copyright of characters remains with Rebellion.
- Entries will not be considered from professional artists currently or having previously worked in the comic book industry, as adjudicated by 2000 AD.
- Please respect the droids – spam or aggressive/threatening emails or messages will result in any entry being removed from the competition and the sender banned from future competitions.
- All characters are ™ Rebellion 2000 AD Ltd, © Rebellion 2000 AD Ltd, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.