There’s just two days to go until The Day of Dredd, citizens – the global celebration of the future’s greatest lawman!
Taking place on Saturday September 7th, this mixture of creator signings, live art jams and film screenings is dedicated to recognising and exploring Dredd’s place in global pop culture – with more events still to be announced!
To celebrate the worldwide release of the collected edition of critically acclaimed and lauded thriller, Judge Dredd: The Small House, on Thursday September 5th writer Rob Williams will be signing at the Forbidden Planet Mega-store in London between 6-7pm.
Then on Saturday September 7th, events on both sides of the Atlantic will take place with many of the creators who have helped make Judge Dredd one of the world’s most iconic comic book characters, including:
- Colin MacNeil signing at Forbidden Planet in Newcastle
- Patrick Goddard and TC Eglington signing at Forbidden Planet in Bristol
- Ian Edginton signing at Worlds Apart in Birmingham
- A morning comics workshop for kids with Ned Hartley at Gosh! Comics in London
- A mega-signing at Gosh! Comics in London (from 1pm) with Mick McMahon, John Higgins, Dan Abnett, and Sally Jane Hurst
- Eoin Coveney and PJ Holden signing at Big Bang Comics, Dublin
- Nick Percival signing at Forbidden Planet International in Sheffield
- Andy Diggle, Nick Brokenshire and Abigail Ryder signing at Travelling Man Manchester, plus a chin-gurning competition!
- Staz Johnson signing at Travelling Man in Leeds
- Tim Perkins signing at Forbidden Planet International in Stoke-on-Trent
- Anthony Williams signing at Tate’s Comics in Florida, USA
- Alex De Campi and Simon Fraser signing at Anyone Comics, Brooklyn, New York, USA
- Laurence Campbell and Conor Boyle will be at Dredd Live Art Jam at Orbital Comics & Gallery in London with a galaxy of indie art stars
- Phil Winslade will be a main guest at High Vis Street Culture Festival in Birmingham
- Assembly House in Leeds will be staging a live art jam and Judge Dredd tribute art exhibition by the stars of the Leeds independent art scene
- INJ Culbard, Ben Oliver, Alan Davis, Ryan Brown, Simon Bisley, Dylan Teague, David Hine, Pete Doherty, Mark Farmer will be appearing at the NICE convention in Bedford.
If you’re a die-hard Dredd-head that can’t attend the events in person, you can still get involved in the vast online celebrations! Fans will be encouraged to participate by sharing their own personal memories of first encountering Dredd himself, or their favourite characters from his vast universe of stories using the hashtag #DAYOFDREDD
Comic book shops and libraries who send in evidence of their DAY OF DREDD displays will receive care-packages so good they should be illegal.
The most imaginative winner will be awarded DAY OF DREDD GOLDEN EAGLE certificate and receive a treasure trove of complimentary 2000 AD goodies including trade paperbacks, toys, and merchandising rarities.
Participate in Day of Dredd by following #DAYOFDREDD and follow @2000AD on Twitter and @insta2000AD on Instagram!